Poker Players Online

Welcome to Poker Players Online. Please register now!!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Poker Players Online

Welcome to Poker Players Online. Please register now!!!

Poker Players Online

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Poker Players Online

WELCOME!!!

4 posters

Cash game brutality

spowers454
    spowers454
    Admin

Cash game brutality Empty Cash game brutality

Post by spowers454 Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:27 pm

So while most everyone was sleeping at 2am I headed out to a 1/2 NL house game. Just on the fact that this post is in the bad beats section sums it up but what the hell lets have some fun. It was off to a horrible start 4 hands into the game and I was making a small reraise to go all-in with top 2 pair, KJ9 on board to run into 99, @$$$% rebuy... Half hour later holding qj suited KQJ flop I checked to the tilting preflop raiser who I was certain had AK. He went all-in I gladly called only to find a king on the river... I had him covered but ouch. Then the bad beats started... No The guy to my right was better than doubled up and playing big stack poker. He made one of his smaller raises and I called with my J8 suited flop was a88, I put him on ace rag and checked to him, he made a healty bet and me and one other guy called. turn blank 4 I bet out and the caller thought about it and folds... he had an ace to. Raiser called only to hit that case ace on the river. I knew he had it and after a bit of ranting I rightfully had to fold. He showed as did the guy that folded on the turn... Really a one outter, as I'm sitting here thinking to myself this isn't online this crap needs to end... For my next trick I'll reraise all-in with QQ while short stacked on the big stack he insta-calls with KQ flop kk8 turn K... Wtf, quads. Odd thing is there were 3 quads that night, kings twice and I made aces once. Very odd for a 5 hour game 8 handed. We switched decks to and checked the cards, just one of those nights I guess. As an added bonus I ended up having to fold the best hand cause someone when all-in for twice the pot and I had 2nd pair so I couldn't call, I could tell he knew he was ahead, only problem was he missread his hand and after I folded he flips his cards and says str8... Before I folded I had looked the board over hard wondering how that 7 helped him so much. "No you don't you have 6 high retard" what good is a good read on someone if they have no clue what they have. I lost a total of 8 pots, I'm not talking about see the flop and fold but hands I played and all but the quads and the 99 were all river suckouts, and all I was way ahead in when the money went in the pot. Some days live poker feels just like online RNG's and it sucks. Worst part is that if even half of those hands had held I would have been up hundreds instead of way down. Crying or Very sad
    MRNASTY1
    MRNASTY1

Cash game brutality Empty Re: Cash game brutality

Post by MRNASTY1 Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:02 pm

Damn SP, are these the same people you play with every week? If so I don`t know how you did not stand up and flip the table over on those fools lol
    spowers454
    spowers454
    Admin

Post by spowers454 Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:37 pm

For the most part yea same people I always play with. There were a couple of newer one's but I have played them before to. Trust me I was soooo close to going midevil on some1 but had to remember that even with those hits I am so far in the positive against them that it didn't hurt to bad. Also if I did lose it over there I wouldn't be getting invited back. Now what that would mean is not being able to play in any of the 3-5 cash games they play a week vs, well sub par players putting it nicely. I know I got my money in good and had to look past the lucky draws hitting and keep in mind that it wont happen like that everytime and when luck runs out I will empty their wallets in a heartbeat.
    spowers454
    spowers454
    Admin

Post by spowers454 Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:19 pm

Well it took a week or so but finally stopped fuming from that night. Starting to get the itch to play them again. I have played one or 2 cheap buy-ins since but that night really coolered me. Still looking past it to the end of Jan. or maybe the beginning of Feb. where I am planning on trying the new poker tables at cherokee, glad to have a poker room in North Carolina finally. Still a few hours away but am so ready to test those waters.
    Cubbieman04
    Cubbieman04

Post by Cubbieman04 Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Good luck at the cherokee i hope you win and gain some confidence and do well, keep us informed Very Happy
    spowers454
    spowers454
    Admin

Post by spowers454 Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:38 am

Ok this is why I was able to keep myself from flipping the table over and kicking someone in the head when I was getting donked that night because as any poker player will say luck can only carry you so far skill will keep you winning more often than not. So once luck changes the night goes like this. Cashed out over $200 which is a lot more than I brought with me.

Oh yea nothing can cure the headaches of online poker and at times questionable RNG's faster then a live game. Thought I was going to get to play in the league game at doyles yesterday but got a call from the host "poker tonight at my house you in???" Crap decision time. Play doyles with people I like or play live for presidents I like. Made the right decision but I didn't think so at 1st, A few hands into it and my QQ they made the nut flush killed by aces the made the boat. NOOOOOOOOO. After a rebuy and 45 mins later I finally started rolling when I flopped top 2 with AK suited. Got some money back and more importantly my focus, Calling out hands, making plays on people just based on my read on them when I had nothing. My pride hand of the night was for a $170 pot that the guy played the hand so nuts, including check raising me on the turn and the river. But me being me and zoned in on him knew that he would check the river after check raising me if he was strong he would have bet to make sure he got more from me. He checked I knew he was weak so I bet pot he comes over the top, Utoh did I mess up??? Nope look him in the eyes tell him he's weak and got all-in with King high. Fold lmao, try that rookie crap on someone else. Great night and pocketed some decent cash.
    tbdbitl
    tbdbitl

Post by tbdbitl Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:38 pm

I really need to get into playing live again. I was playing with bartender and friends as well as guys from our local Donut Shop. But, I have been a hermit as of late (2-3 years) and I don't get to either what was my regular watering hole or the donut shop anymore.

I had a game I would play in with a guy I knew from work. But, I didn't know many of the regulars very well. The last night had played with these guys, there was a drunk that would shove all-in every hand. He lucked out and accumulated a Huge stack. I ended up bubbling the money and the donk finished in the first money spot. I have never returned.

Who knows maybe soon I can get some live bad beat stories posted here!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content